Tuesday, June 23, 2009

If this was it,
I'd wrap you up in the details
And fight it out until it wasn't worth the effort anymore.
I won't let you go
Starting tomorrow.

I'll sleep on this tonight,
And feel how it feels to slide into giving in,
I'm living in a world meant for me and you,
Alone.

Will you begin, to see it my way?
Anyway, I'll try my best. If I regret what happens
I'll be better off for knowing. Knowing you.
Knowing there's something better off in the distance.
And I begin to let you off too easy.

Are you coming home?
Monkey, I've missed you. It's beginning to blend into
All those times I stopped holding onto.
I won't let it die.
I'm here to stay, for a while.

If I could only see you smile at me
Once before I dream tonight
Things would be very easy
And I'd be rising out into the midnight sky for good.
I wish you were coming to visit soon.
Oh monkey, how I've missed you.

No comments: