Wednesday, May 27, 2009

August 22, 2003

I've collected you up
into ripped pieces of paper
with your name and number
a heart and
"call me later"
you've written down your excuses
and left them on the table
with the mail
and a scribbled sign that says
"love for sale"
I take my own advice
and climb aboard the ride
as I slowly read your reasons
and don't have the energy
to wonder if you lied
I'm just bored with being a bore
tired of spending the night
with the same old whore
but the bars are closed
and it's time to go home
but it's not home anymore
and I'm not going there alone
so I crawl down the street
in a moment of haste
so what if I didn't leave with you
there's too much time to waste
and not enough things to do
there aren't very many options
another doctor perscribed
friday night
we'll feel a whole lot better
if it ends in a fight
there's still a few more chances to take
while the sleeping stars are unafraid
a few more corners to wait on
when I'm waiting on you
a few more days of this
before I tell you I'm through

No comments: